Job Detail: Payroll Specialist
Robert Half is currently looking for a Payroll Specialist position for one of their clients. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, would thrive in a ‘start-up’ environment and who has the knowledge, experience, and drive to contribute to our client's mission of building a best- in- class workplace -- of which, paying all our employees accurately and on time, is a critical component.
As the Payroll Specialist, you will work with internal partners and external payroll providers to process payroll in accordance with all monthly schedules & ensure timely and accurate payment to all employees. In this position, you will work closely with Finance, HR and Operations.
Here’s some of what you’ll do:
• Process accurate and timely full cycle semi-monthly payroll and benefits for all store and office employees (hourly & salaried), for retail brands in Canada
• Audit time and attendance and commissions reports; analyze and format reports for payroll system (ADP Workforce Now & Wage Point); calculate payroll
• Manage payroll administration for new hires, employee status changes to ensure complete and accurate data changes (promotion, demotions, job changes, terminations)
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies/errors; balance and reconcile all payroll figures
• Process and submit Record of Employment and T4s slips; update year-to-date reports
• Respond to internal and external enquires regarding payroll
• Oversee administration of company group insurance benefit plan (enrolment, removal, invoice accuracy/approval for payment)
• Prepare G/L file to accounting department
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is required
• Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification is an asset
• Five or more years’ experience in a similar position, within retail/hospitality industry
• Experience with multi province Payroll legislation; bilingual (English/French) is an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; Advanced skills in Excel
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Wage Point
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
• In-depth knowledge of employment law and payroll taxes
• Self-motivated and results driven
• Knowledge and experience working with payroll systems and databases
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Responsible, proactive and displays high energy and enthusiasm
• Flexible to work required hours at peak times
|Salary||from 80.000,00 CA$ to 85.000,00 CA$ per year|
|Date||13 May 2023|
|Length of Employment||Indefinite|
|Company name||Robert Half (agency) Visit company page|
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best email@example.com to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.