Job Detail: Bilingual (French & English) Law Clerk - 100% remote
Our growing Burlington client who is a leader in their market and sells Franchises of their business throughout the world is looking for a Bilingual French Law Clerk. This position can be fully remote from anywhere as long as you are Bilingual French. You must have 5-10 years related experience and have a true passion for your job. The following are the responsibilities:
The Law Clerk, under the direction of the Vice President of Legal Affairs and General Counsel, will be primarily responsible for providing professional support and assistance to various internal business units, as well as for the ownership and management of the organization's franchise disclosure and documentation processes. He/she would also be responsible for the day-to-day administration of franchise and related agreements, and advising internal business units on the interpretation, application and enforcement of those agreements.
- Proficient in English and French (written and spoken).
- General knowledge and comprehension of franchise laws and procedures.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to translate English legal documents into French.
- Coordinate the delivery and execution of Franchise Disclosure Documents, Franchise Agreements, ensure filing deadlines are met, drafting amendments, addendums and all related correspondence.
- Effect annual updates to the Franchise Disclosure Document.
- Tracking all steps of the workflow and providing updates to the legal team and business partners as required.
- Comprehensively draft and review legal documents, contracts and correspondence in both the English and French language.
- Perform general office and clerical duties.
- Communicate with external legal counsel on complex matters.
- Coordinate and collaborate with company affiliates and personnel based in Canada, as well as in the United States, Europe and Australia (as needed).
- Advise internal business units regarding franchise agreements, landlord and tenant matters, contests, marketing and promotions, trademark use, and implement recommendations as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with franchise disclosure, trademark, privacy, advertising, and anti-spam laws.
- Search for and analyze contracts and other legal documents to investigate facts and determine rights and obligations of the company, its franchisees and other business partners.
- Receive and retrieve company files and compile applicable documentation.
- Proficient in performing eCore (formerly CyberBahn) searches.
- Bachelors or college degree required, with Law Clerk/Paralegal certification preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of direct work experience as a Law Clerk/Paralegal at a law firm or in-house legal department with preferred but not mandatory experience in franchising and contracts.
- Preference for 5+ years in Real Estate.
- Critical and persuasive thinking, analytical and research skills are essential.
|Salary||from 80.000,00 CA$ to 95.000,00 CA$ per year|
|Date||13 May 2023|
|Length of Employment||Indefinite|
|Company name||Manpower (agency) Visit company page|
Manpower is dedicated to enriching people's lives with meaningful employment and development opportunities, as we have done for more than 60 years.
With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future.